Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I take that back, Title's are alright...they tend to summarize the subject matter in a few words.

He’s back!!! I have some drawings to post. But that takes scanning and organizing and stuff, so that will be up in a little bit. The website has some new illustration work and an updated reel. It's getting an update in the next couple of days with flash video instead of quicktime and windows so enjoy the downloadable content while you can. But anyways, here is some new animation!!!



It’s a commercial I worked on with my old Professor, Steve Stanchfield, and fellow colleagues, Ayaka Kakaiuchi and Kyle Hood. I did a little animation and coloring on a few other shot, but the main shot I did was Vito handing the pizza off to the Mom (Though, I didn’t animate or color the kids in the shot.). Why is there a black screen in the middle? Well that actually has an alpha channel so there will be video of pizza with cheese stretching off it and such. So any one from Ohio, go and by a Vito’s Pizza today! Tell them Tony Packos sent you!

Oh and for my viewers, ages 3 to 7, next week I’ll start my new job animating on the Nick show, Wonder Pets.(Though I won’t be able to post that stuff, at the very least until the episode airs, so I guess that won’t effect this blog much in the near future. Though I am working on a few ideas for my own short, so stay tuned.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Tom Dow said...

hey, cool. I had heard about this commercial and was wondering about how it came out. Thanks for posting. It's fun to see animation done in a more illustrative style, not just filled shapes.

Good luck on Wonder Pets. Rock that duckling!

12:20 PM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Mitch Leeuwe said...

Nice charachter animation!

I really dig you're blog, I liked the animal drawings! They look really 3D.

3:13 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Chris Houghton said...

Hey Jodie,

I've heard you're name around, I'm one of Steve's students and he was just showing us this commercial. Great stuff! And awesome blog!

Chris

10:04 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Ken A. Priebe said...

Yay animation! Great job.

3:58 PM, September 29, 2007  
Blogger Chris Houghton said...

Awesome dude, thanks a lot. I just checked out your website (great stuff by the way) and I think we've met before!

Remember a couple years ago when a nerdy high school kid followed Steve Stanchfield around for the day and ate chinese food with you guys and everything? Well that was me, I remember seeing a test from your short "how the cheetah got its spots." Anywho, hope all is well and I'll be checking back soon...

4:31 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Ngianhormua Yang said...

some pretty cool stuff u got here on your blog...i also checked out your website..i like your style for the illustrations, kind of reminds me of stephen silvers stuff.

2:26 PM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger GOGOPEDRO said...

greatings from the Ilse of Manhattan.

Good looking blog you have here Jodie....
I will toss you a link. from the ol' beers and bears...

Taker easy.

P

7:11 PM, October 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page